Welcome to the ‘Teachers’ page. Find out below how Splendid Speaking can support your students develop their English Speaking skills.
1. We aim to add content as often as possible to our ‘Skills’, ‘Exams’ and ‘Podcasts’ sections of the website. This will include lessons on general pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar and fluency skills as well as exam specific resources for students preparing for an upper-intermediate and advanced-level Speaking exam.
For news of all latest resources sign up to our Teacher’s newsletter on the right or below on your mobile device)
2. We have an archive of 26 recorded interviews with students from around the world which were carried out using Skype. These interviews were recorded and have been made available for other students to listen to. The focus of these recordings is on short exam-style speaking tasks such as those found in BEC Higher, CAE, CPE and IELTS. Each week we feature one of these interviews.
Q: So, if I have an upper-intermediate to advanced speaking class once a week, I have 6 months worth of audio to use.
3. Each week we publish a free Get Speaking Task Sheet or you to download and use with your students in class. The task relates to the featured recording of the week (see 2 above).
Q: So, I can use the task sheet in conjunction with the featured recording and accompanying transcript each week.
4. There are 26 Get Speaking Task Sheets in total. Teachers who want access to all 26 Task Sheets immediately can purchase them here.
5. Every day we publish a quiz for advanced learners of English to develop their colloquial vocabulary. This is online, consists of three topic-related expressions, is updated Monday to Friday and runs for 26 weeks before being repeated. Students who sign up for the ‘Splendid Speaking Students Newsletter’. receive a link to a printable worksheet to record the following week’s expressions.
Q: So, students who have subscribed to the newsletter can print off the sheet, visit the site each day the following week, and complete it for a record of that week’s expressions.
6. Non-native teachers and students who want to develop their speaking skills further can purchase an individual subscription to one of our courses. These currently include CAE Speaking Success, IELTS Speaking: Advanced and ‘Splendid Speaking Self-Study Course‘, CPE Speaking One-to-One and IELTS Speaking One-to-One.